Yesterday a war broke out and caused chaos in my head and I lost it.
I screamed into a pillow. I cried loudly to let it all out. My body was shaking non-stop. My whole body was overheating from my toes to my head.
I felt like I was going to explode like ammo that has been stepped on and triggered.
As I laid in bed trying to recover I listed in my head things that help me calm down.
1. Salty foods are my favorite new thing to reach for after having a panic attack.
2. Being left alone in a quiet environment helps a lot.
3. Unplugging from social media and life in general helps eases my mind.
4. Baths with epson salts or bubbles while Jack Johnson playing in the background.
5. Sleeping is the most powerful recovery method in my mind.
6. Writing has always been my go to of letting go of emotions.
7. Going for a walk in nature somewhere usually works.
The list goes on and on, but I’m sure you have a pretty clear idea by now.
I felt so bad having to bail out on my plans to go on a photo and Target adventure, but something deep down inside of me got triggered and I just broke down.
I feel so much better today, but still exhausted from fighting that powerful war inside of me.
Thank you to everyone who texted me wondering where I was yesterday. It means a lot that you checked up on me to see if I was okay or not.o